YOU COULD WIN $1,000 WHEN YOU DONATE TO UNITED WAY OF SOUTH WOOD & ADAMS COUNTIES
Donate $1.00 per week / $52.00 per year for 50 chances to win one of five $1,000 cash prizes; increase your prior donation of $52.00 or more by $26.00 or more and double your chances to 100!
Our Sweepstakes Sponsors
Our 2021 Winners
- Brian Ashbeck – Prevail Bank
- Tom Boudreau – Community Member
- John Jagodzinski – Community Member
- Daniel and Elizabeth Whelan – Community Members
- Michelle Bula – WestRock
Our 2020 Winners
- Stephanie Bloede – WestRock
- Eloise Brehm – Community Member
- Stacy Moyer – Lincoln High School
- Eric Norton – McMillan Memorial Library
- Brittany Swisher – Paper City Savings Association
Our 2019 Winners
- Cole Dineen – Community Member
- Kathleen Gross – South Wood County YMCA
- Paul Hoffman – Domtar
- David and Diane Petersen – Community Members
- Michael Statz – Gundersen Moundview Hospital & Clinics
Our 2018 Winners
- Kurtis Bredda – Solarus
- Russell Borths – WestRock
- Carolyn Crider – Nekoosa High School
- Angela Susa – Mid-State Technical College
- Marcia Wright – McMillan Memorial Library
Our 2017 Winners
- Carl Hilke - WFHR
- Elizabeth Ironside – Aspirus
- Dale Ninneman – Solarus
- Robert Schmid - WestRock
- Paul Siekert – Fey Printing Co.
Our 2016 Winners
- Lisa Kronstedt – Paul Gross Jewelers
- Lloyd LaCasse III – Domtar
- Jay North - Lycon
- Jeanne Olson – Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools
- Karen Schulz – Moundview Memorial Hospital
Our 2015 Winners
- Jodi Friday – Wood County UW-Extension
- Sherry Kotlowski – Adams County Highway Department
- Earle Sellhausen - WestRock
- Dustin Sievers – Tweet-Garot Mechanical Inc.
- Tracy Verjinksy – Childcaring, Inc.
Our 2014 Winners
- Kris Grueneberg – Solarus
- Chaele Matthews – Mid-State Technical College
- June Newman – Edgewater Haven Nursing Home
- Rusty Roe – Wisconsin Rapids Police Department
- Rhonda Walker – RockTenn
Our 2013 Winners
- Diane Cable – Adams County Health & Human Services
- John Frantz – Town of Rome
- Sara Kolo – Lincoln High School
- Nicholas Veverka – Alliant Energy
- Christopher Woodward – Domtar
Our 2012 Winners
- Darryl and Joyce Clauson – Community Members
- Dan Cummins – ERCO Worldwide
- Jacqueline Jones – RockTenn
- Danna Peterson – Adams Friendship Schools
- Curt Ruesch – NewPage
1. TIMING: This incentive promotion includes 2022 United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties donations made through 4:00pm Central Time on Friday, November 18, 2022. Participants must be legal residents of Wisconsin, and at least 18 years of age to be eligible for the prize.
2. PRIZES: Winners will receive one of five $1,000 cash prizes; one prize will be awarded to donors of the Adams County campaign and four prizes will be awarded to donors of the south Wood County campaign. Five cash prizes are donated to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties by: Aspirus Health, Gundersen Moundview Hospital & Clinic, NextHome Partners, Prevail Bank and Williams Plumbing & Heating. One prize per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Any United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties donor that makes an unrestricted gift of $52 (or $1 per week) in 2022 (exclusive of any employer match) will be automatically entered into the $1,000 Sweepstakes for FIFTY (50) chances to win. Or, donors who gave at least $52 or more to the 2022 United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties campaign and increases his or her gift by $26 or more in 2022 will be automatically entered into the $1,000 Sweepstakes for ONE HUNDRED (100) chances to win. Entry without donation for the $1,000 Sweepstakes can be made by sending up to 100 entries on 4”x6” cards (10 entries per envelope) to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, ATTN: 2022 $1,000 Sweepstakes, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, containing name, address and phone number. A limit of ONE HUNDRED (100) entries per person, automatic or otherwise, allowed for the $1,000 Sweepstakes. Employees of United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Only individuals are eligible for the 2022 $1,000 Sweepstakes; organizations are not eligible. Online entries will not be accepted. An individual can only win one prize, regardless of number of entries.
4. ENTRIES: The Pledge Form or Entry Letter must be received by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties by 4:00 p.m. Central Time on Friday, November 18, 2022. United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms or any other lost submissions by this date.
5. DRAWING & ANNOUNCEMENT: The potential winners of the sweepstakes will be drawn (randomly) from all valid entries on or around December 5, 2022 at the United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ office. The potential winners will be required to provide proper photo identification and verification of compliance with these Official Rules prior to award of the prize. If the potential winner does not meet these eligibility requirements or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If the same name is drawn more than once, an alternate winner will be selected; one prize per person. The name of the prize winner will be announced at United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ Campaign Celebration on or around January 11, 2023 and posted on the Sponsor’s website.
6. RELEASE: By entering, all participants hereby agree to comply with these Official Rules, represent that he/she is eligible, consent to the use of his/her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants release United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, the donors listed in #2, and their employees, directors, officers and agents, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, fulfillment, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this promotion. Entrants agree to hold harmless United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, the donors listed in #2, and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, officers, directors and employees from responsibility for damages, losses or injuries, including death, personal injury or property damage, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
7. RECEIPT OF PRIZES: The prize may not be substituted for any other prize except by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties due to unavailability. United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned.
8. RESPONSIBILITY: Winners will be required to pay any applicable taxes and costs relating to the transactions, including, but not limited to, federal and state income taxes. Participation in this promotion may affect the tax deductibility of your undesignated gift. You should consult your tax advisor for more detailed information.
SPONSOR: Sweepstakes sponsored by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.
9. ENTRY INTEGRITY: Those individuals that qualify for the $1,000 Cash Prize Drawing are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is audited, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the data base of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside of the automatic qualification process are also entered into the data base. Although we cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if a workplace campaign requests a list of qualifiers from their own company, United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all pledges received by November 18, 2022 have been posted. Please call 715-421-0390 for more information.
NO DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.